
Our plane ride to Moscow will be about 9.5 hours. On arrival in Moscow we will have some time (approx. 6-8 hours) to sight see while we are in Moscow Centre waiting for our train, then we will travel about 6-7.5 hours to Bryansk. Other have said the train was one of their favorite parts of the trip. The familes who traveled before us said, that's where that got there best sleep.
On the map Klintsy is where one of the baby homes in located that WHFC is associated with. It is about a 2 hour car ride from the center of Bryansk. We will not find out until we get there which one of the baby homes we will be going to-Klintsy is a guess. at this point in time.
On the map Klintsy is where one of the baby homes in located that WHFC is associated with. It is about a 2 hour car ride from the center of Bryansk. We will not find out until we get there which one of the baby homes we will be going to-Klintsy is a guess. at this point in time.
Satellite Images of Bryansk. (pretty neat)
Bryansk google map
Bryansk google map
4 comments:
Sharon,
You shared your blog spot on the Bryansk family forum I'm subscribed to and I decided to take a look. We are about to send in our dossier for a child from Bryansk. I just wanted to say that you sound like a beautiful person and your son is going to be extremely lucky. What a blessing. I wish you a safe and successful journey in June!
Deb
Sharon,
Ok. Here's a tip. Bring some snacks and some Dramamine. We did not take a train trip but I can tell you that traveling by car in Russia is a trip in itself. I never get car sick but the 2 hour trip we took from Ekat to Kamensk was enough to make anyone sick. The "highways" are more like Route 6 in winter, potholes and all. Russian people seem to have their own idea of driving safely and they never seem to stop to eat. We survived on peanut butter crackers our first trip. I can't wait to hear more!
Melissa
Sharon:
Yay... you are getting closer each day to going to Bryansk to meet your son! I can't wait to follow your trip!!
Christine
I've also just got my referral. Traveling to Rostov June 6th. Not sure if we are getting a boy or girl . Two plane rides. 13 hrs. We may do the train for our final trip. Good luck to you.
Post a Comment