We heard from our case manager and here is the latest - Bryansk has not had any referrals in a rather long time. They are expecting to receive some soon, but it appears a referral from that region within the 5-9 month range is not definite. It still could happen, but they just can't say with certainty it will.
One of the reasons for the delay is many more Russian families are adopting/fostering children in the region. This increased adopting/fostering may be attributed to the recent global economic downfall as the Russian government is providing much more financial support to sponsoring families. A bit disheartening to think people might be fostering/adopting children just to make more money.
So they are giving us other options:
1. Keep dossier in Bryansk and wait an indefinite time for a referral from there.
2. Take our dossier out of Bryansk, redo small amount of paper work and move it to a different region.
3. Keep our dossier in Bryansk but also put together "preliminary packet." It would include just enough of the dossier documents to get a referral (10 from the agency and 5 for us to gather) for another region. That way we will be eligible to get a referral from either region and will go to the one that works first!
Of course we decided on the third choice. So here we go again with paperwork... We will know sometime this week what other region we might be traveling to.
I am feeling a little disappointed, I did have my heart set on Bryansk. I keep telling myself to go with whatever comes our way as this is not in our hands. Hopefully the big guy up there knows where we will find our little guy!
Hopefully this will not be another Goldie vs. FedEx package battles!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Sharon,
I was dissapointed for you when I read your update. I am glad though that WHFC is giving you some options to help you get a referral quickly.
Keeping my fingers crossed for a new speedy region assignment.
I hope all else is well.
Adrian
Post a Comment